I'm budgeting a lease for roughly 1,000 addresses
Hi everyone. I'm budgeting a lease for roughly 1,000 addresses for a year and trying to compare listings. Prices are quoted per IP per month, which makes my head spin. How do you calculate total cost, and is there usually a difference between a /22 and four /24s? Any experience with what to expect in practice? The workload is a regional hosting platform serving small businesses, and we expect to scale from a few hundred to about a thousand IPs by next autumn. I'd like a model I can hand to finance.
Per-IP pricing is easy once you multiply it out. On InterLIR Global's marketplace the price table showed /22 blocks of 1K IPs at roughly €0.39 to €0.98 per IP per month and /24 blocks at €0.37 to €0.72 when I looked. A /22 at €0.50 per IP is about 512 euro a month, so check the real listing price. Compare IPv4 blocks by geo and reputation too, not only by price. And ask whether a longer term lowers the rate. Rates also depend on location: a German /22 can cost more than the same size elsewhere. Pick the geo that matches your users, then compare. Remember VAT if it applies in your country. Finally, ask whether quoted prices include the LOA fee, because some listings show per-IP prices and add handling charges later.